Miyerkules, Enero 25, 2012

Jana Janica: This Afternoon Is Mine

I've known Jana since she was a little girl, fair skinned, short hair and hard to put to sleep. She was about 4 years old then. She loved dancing and often gyrated to the tune of a Christmas song even with a little persuasion. And she never got tired. When visitors came, she danced and danced.

I saw her again when she was 8. She just woke up and surprised me when she greeted me by my name. I couldn't believe she could still remember me. Wow. Really.

Now that she's 19, some things are still the same. She still acts like a kid with a loud voice. In fact when she's telling me stories I am often asking her to mellow it down as others could hear her too. But she loves make up. I am no expert with it and she's the total opposite. Once, she asked me to buy her different kinds of brush as my Christmas gift for her. I was shocked. That time I still hadn't pictured her as a grown up. To me, she was still that little girl I often bring to Glorietta for a movie treat.

But time does change a girl and she's now a beautiful lady who loves baking and cooking. She's a culinary arts student in Lyceum. I can't wait for her to graduate soon so I'll be able to eat in the restaurant she works for or her own restaurant at some point.
















 



Jana Janica at 19
Photography by: Carla Angela Ebalan
When: January 21, 2012
Where: Intramuros, Manila

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

Share your thoughts!